Saturday, October 17, 2009

rainy saturday arvo and BM takes over Fawlty Towers

Yes, feeling fine now ... and now under the watch of the doc and RN, who I ran into yesterday twice when i was in and out of work, and also at the childrens home doing inspections etc .... They said, that I was definitely looking much better than I had ... Saturday here now, spend this morning chrissie shopping - to post back home in the next week or so, so they will be there when I get back ...
Been out to lunch with Robyn, Mark, Mary - an amazing couple from Melbourne who have been teaching here for 9 months, and Tim, a new man from Canberra who is doing Accounting work for CHIA and a couple of others ... at a "local" restaurant on the river side ... nearly came a cropper in the mud twice big time ... and I was walking the pushie at that stage ... and had to wash off in the river ...
(Hey Cheryl, they marked on the outside bamboo walls where the water came up to .... my forehead height ... and the little island (you know the one I called Susan Island ... well its just a drying out mud plain with a couple of trees sticking out through the mud ...., And Casa Verde - it was 3/4 the way up the kitchen doorway! - still got a 10% discount!! :o) from the German Owner man, who was happy to see me back)

Back to town (5 mins and i was home) ... had been invited to the "party" for the wedding of one of the men staff here ..... this afternoon (they got married on the Typhoon day, but delayed the party) ... but then it's pouring with rain now, so decided to stay in ... Dunno if it's Fee Fi Foe or Fum who got married, but one of them anyway ... so skeletan staff here today, with me helping now (but I'm not going in the kitchen - cause I would probably not eat anything from here again) ... getting wise now ...

Town is looking a little better for the rain, it's washing away the mud ... So I'm off to grab my book (nearly finished the second book of the Millenium series... and can't wait to read the third one, but don't think it'lll be here in vietnam yet) ...

Hi to all at E's croquet! ... I be back soon .... 7 weeks down already now .... the remaining 5 will fly by in no time .... hug hug lyn oi

No comments:

Post a Comment