Saturday, August 1, 2009

Counting down the days

Once upon a time there were 2 middle age women looking for something that would be challenging and give to someone in need......................but how did we come to be going on this adventure?? To be honest, I don't really know - but I do remember showing Lyn a video I had taken on the bus on the way to the airport in Ho Chi Minh City on our return to Australia from 12 days in VN. I was asking everyone in the group how they enjoyed the trip when Lyn took the camera from me and askd me what I thought of my experience. At the end I said that I that I had loved VN and would come back tomorrow to live and asked "Why don't you come with me?" Maybe that set things in motion - destiny? who knows? and now here we are getting ready to go outside our comfort zone, away from all that is familiar to us, to another country where people aren't as privileged as we are to impart some of our experiences and knowlege, hopefully to the benefit of those we are going to help.

Somehow things just happened and fell into place - life is like that sometimes, some things are meant to be.

It is true that Lyn and I have been to Hong Kong and China and Vietnam together, but as friends, I guess we don't reall know each other that well. I know she snores, she knows I can talk a lot when she is trying to sleep but outside that, I think we just have common goals and a need to be doing what we are doing and that gives us a bond. I hope this grows stronger and stronger over the next few months. I am sure there will be times when we will laugh and cry together and share an adventure with memories that will last a lifetime.

For all those who are goingto be following our journey, I hope you feel as much a part of it as we do. We know that there will be times when your support will see us through - as will the vegemite, cheese, sao's, tomato sauce etc that we are taking in place of clothing.

Let the adventure begin...............

2 comments:

  1. We will be viewing your blog with envy. I know the 2 of you are going to have a great time. It will be a life changing experience for you both and it couldn't come at a better time in your lives. I really believe that both of you will grow from this and your life will be a lot fuller. Sounds a bit Confucius, but that is apt as he is BIG over there. I won't be joining you over there as my ex travel partner has stated that the is back in the ring and Canada and New York are back on the agenda for next year.
    PLease enjoy AALLLLLL of the pagodas and the fish in clay pot, fresh fish fried alive, fish done this way, fish done that way, it goes on and on and on and on and on....................
    Mooey

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh mooey ... knew it was you even before I got half way down .... fish in, fish out, will dedicate EVERY fish to you, even toast FISH oil ... how exciting that Thel and Lou are re-joining for another adventure ... will try'n'send postcard from EACH pagoda, so you will be able to spot the differences! haha! ... Back in 908 AD .... hmmm memories! see ya BM

    ReplyDelete